Old 01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default What's being done about airline exec's

Depends.....................

Ask yourself whay most people wanted to become an Airline Pilot in the first place.

Love of Fying
Good Pay and Benefits
Potential of Time off with Family
All of the above.

For me it was Mostly Good pay and Benefits with the Time off.............or simply Put Quality of life. I got all the love of flying I needed in the USMC

When I was getting out of the Marines.............
If all I had to look forward to was making $55/hour as a Captain and working 18 days a month I would have chosen a diiferent career path.

Most young pilots who come from the civilian ranks (and some former Military) are willing to work slave wages as a CFI and then move on to slightly above slave wages to work Regional Airline (Formerly calle a Commuter)

The reason for this was................They were building their time and getting experience to some day work for the Big Airlines foramlly called the Legacy carriers.

Very similiar to an aspiring Professional Baseball player........out of College to playing for the Minors for a couple years..........Minors or AA players aren't paid worth a S#&T. They travel in Greyhound buses & stay in motel 6's.
Why do they put up with this? They pay their dues for a shot in the BIG leagues. That is how things were in the Airline industry......................................If things keep going the way they are, there won't be a BIG League Airline to Aspire to.

If I was a young pilot getting out of the Military now..................I would probably choose a different career path................but that is just me.