View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Ultralight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
If you found the only air ambulance job willing to hire you with less than 4,000 hours I suggest you take it, but the fact that you're comparing an air ambulance job to entry-level turbine jobs like regional airlines and Ameriflight demonstrates a lack of understanding of how this industry works.
Lack of understanding of how this industry works? I wonder why they made me captain 7 years ago?

The fact is no regional will touch you without ATP minimums now. Part 135 though is a different ball game. Why not take a freight gig and get that PIC turbine?

I mentioned in a previous post that I personally know several people who skipped the regionals and are now in the left seat at Allegiant and the right seat at Jet Blue and SouthWest. A buddy of mine just got hired at Atlas. never flew a day at the regionals.

Part 135 flying opens the door to opportunities flying corporate and charter too. Fractionals prefer part 135 pilots over regional guys, and the majors have no problem hiring Citation, Lear, and Falcon drivers.