Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Salukipilot4590
ILL BEE DAT

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Rollin' Down tha 405

Originally Posted by EatMyPropwash View Post
I heard (again...RUMORS). Were getting rid of the B1900s cuz of IOSA, and them needing reinforced cockpit doors w/crash axe. Too expensive, so bye bye B1900s. Also, gettijg rid of BIL system completely, and with the $$$ from the sell of the B1909s getting more Saabs for the CLE system. Codeshare with Delta, and Silver is working on a $45mil deal to fly Q400's out of FLL for longer Bahama flights. Oh, and new manuals. Again... ALL RUMORS here folks. Believe 0 til you see them on campus, with company paint, and Silver pilots flying it...
Replacing the 1900s in CLE with Saabs would require that we renegotiate the EAS compensation wouldn't it?

It's possible but I doubt the gubment is going to just grant money because we don't feel like flying the airplanes we agreed to fly. Now we COULD do it on our own dime but I doubt that. How are the loads into CLE?

As for the Q400s...anything could happen right now but that would be at least 12-18 months away.

Anyone get the new OM yet? How's everyone liking the new R&WX? I see awesome improvements coming!

(Like not having to constantly ask for people's emp#s when you're filling out the log can)