Old 06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by KYTBRD View Post
Having just gone through this procesrlier in the year, I would recommend you put the absolute earliest date you think you'll be available to start class. Then manage your leave carefully over the last year to be maxed-out on 1 Oct. Don't forget that you earn leave while on terminal leave, and you'll need to be at 75 days on 1 Oct so you do not lose leave. I was very blessed in my scenario to start class 3 days after the start of terminal leave (99 days including permissive). You want to interview before you start terminal leave. Hopefully 1-2 months before terminal leave starts. If you have to upload a resume then you can put the info on you resume as "Available for training: xx xxx 14". Before an interview go to your FINANCE office to officially confirm what your earliest available date is. At my interview the interviewer confirmed my availability date which I moved 5 days earlier due to finance input and that's how I got my training date. And when they offer a class I recommend taking the earliest possibility and move everything else to the side. Seniority number is EVERYTHING. Could be the difference between furlough or a job later on in your career.
Great gouge with some gotchas that I didn't even consider. Thanks!