View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 AM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by F15andMD11 View Post
They just want to keep your resume out of AirlineApps.
The pilots hired at CAL from 2005 till they stopped and furloughed in 2008 HAD to use airlineapps. The pilots hired at DAL in 2007-08 as well as 2010, and will be hired at DAL in the future HAVE to use airlineapps. Those military pilots you speak of that got the call at UAL? They HAD to use airlineapps ALSO. It's simply a matter of checking the appropriate boxes and filling out the appropriate addendum.

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
TY for that link. Sadly networking is probably my weakest of skills. I barely keep in touch with my parents, let alone all the old bros.
Take a look at this link also;

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hi...e-corners.html

The networking is IMPORTANT. Do what you can, get on linkedin, get on facebook. There's A LOT of guys that didn't even think about it but got on various sites and were able to get in touch with long lost buddies. Check into any of the squadron alumni sites, anything. Also, these guys you know at SW, chances are they have either mutual friends, or friends of theirs that can provide MORE chances to get in touch with those you may know.

And as always, DON'T discount the job fairs. Yeah, it's a weird concept. Pay money, get suited and booted, and wait in line with a bunch of other clones/drones that are just like you. Looking for a job, trying to stand out in a crowd of THOUSANDS of highly qualified pilots. And chance are, you may run into buddies there also.