Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 PM
EatMyPropwash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
Makes sense... other airlines are offering $5k to go there, how about Silver gives, say, $3k to stay? just some wishful thinking. I'd probably nibble, maybe even bite.
The one thing that really kills Silver is the outstation basing (which came from the GIA days). Unless you live darn near one, or actually want (which nobody ever said) a 2-3 leg commute, it's hard to say "SWEET! I'm based in Parkersburg, WV!". ORD-CLE-PKV would just suck... But... For me, I just wanted to fly... didn't care which plane I was on, didn't care too much which base they put me at, because all were 2 leggers on the B1900 anyway (for me). I picked KBIL, but we know where that's going, LOL.

Now that I'm going to be on the Saab, I know it'll sound weird, but to help my QOL I'm picking KIAD (Dulles) as my base (which I believe is junior base w/ATL), and then KATL ('lanta) after that as 2nd pick, only because it's a 1 leg commute. Eventually w/seniority I'll pick a different base, and go for a non-reserve line (KIAD and KATL are reserve lines only). Time will tell, and I'm sure it'll all change by next week.. but for this week, that sounds good...