View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by Propspilot View Post
More hourly-yes
Get rid of outstation basing- not everyone wants this.
Cant hold a line and upgrade- Ask American Eagle guys about holding a line. It takes YEARS. Same thing on upgrade. If it takes two or three years here its still faster than any other gig around.
With all that said. Yeah Silvers going to have a hard time with retention. No matter what they do. Is there a pilot shortage? I think Silver management would say yes. Its going to boil down to those people that want to be here for the flying. Short hops, FL bases, hand flying small planes. Those just wanting to build a resume and bounce will not enjoy life here.
I agree with this guy. I originally hated outstations as well, but now would not have it any other way. Out station basing is fun, cheap, provides better products for passengers, and is something different from every other regional out there. There is a model that companies use to determine when hub basing is efficient and we don't fit into it on our flights outside of Florida. Anyway, every other regional that does have hubs is hiring, so should be plenty of opportunity for people to leave Silver and go to a commutable base with a ExpressJet or Republic or whoever. I personally think out station is the way to go and you certainly get a lot more for your dollar in the outstations.

GLH has a spot for ya