Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:39 PM
EatMyPropwash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by JayCypher View Post
I agree with this guy. I originally hated outstations as well, but now would not have it any other way. Out station basing is fun, cheap, provides better products for passengers, and is something different from every other regional out there. There is a model that companies use to determine when hub basing is efficient and we don't fit into it on our flights outside of Florida. Anyway, every other regional that does have hubs is hiring, so should be plenty of opportunity for people to leave Silver and go to a commutable base with a ExpressJet or Republic or whoever. I personally think out station is the way to go and you certainly get a lot more for your dollar in the outstations.
Well... I see your points, but for the commuters out there (and I'm one of them), commuting to an outstation base sucks. 2 or 3 leg commute? 2 is my personal max. I'm actually wanting IAD first, then ATL because they're 1 leg commutes with plenty of flights into/out of them daily to O'Hare... For someone like me, that drastically increases the little QOL I have, but I'll take any and all that I can get... Eventually I may end up going to a different base, holding a non-reserve only line (IAD and ATL), and doing that thing... time will tell.