Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
200Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: I'm Buying

Originally Posted by Propspilot View Post
Where is it written that DEC's cant get bumped? I think they want to believe that.

Didnt the union confirm the CP being fired last week? How'd that turn out again?
Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
DEC can be pushed down unless the number of captain positions is reduced, which may be as BIL is closing ... With the new staffing bid is there a reduction of captain positions needed to run the bid. ? That will answer for the DEC folks ,... They can be pushed out of base tho ...
Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
The union has told me and several others like mentioned they can't be pushed out of the left seat unless a reduction in flying happens. We're losing BIL but I don't think any DEC will be bumped off. There's an add on in GNV and CLE. I can confirm one that has no previous SIC 121 time, he's pretty much toast. Now question is can saab DECs be bumped off the Saab into the 1900?
Don't shoot the messenger but READ YOUR contract. How a staffing bid is to be executed is in your contract. The contract clearly states that a "staffing bid can ONLY be used to fill vacancies". Thus, the added vacancies in CLE and GNV plus any NOT currently filled.

The ONLY people who can bump another person from their base or seat is a person with displacement rights. These will be the BIL's guys. The way displacement works is a trickle down effect. Thus, if a BIL guy bumps a FLL guy then the FLL guy gets displacement rights...so on and so forth. How this bid will work (i.e. how FLICA will process it) will be to start from the top. They will take all the BIL guys and give them what they want / can hold, then all those displaced guys will get what they want until all the displacement rights have been awarded. THEN EVERYONE else will get what they want per the remaining VACANCIES with NO DISPLACING.

As far as bypass pay... You CAN NOT receive BYPASS pay per the staffing bid unless you have displacement rights and were not awarded a CA slot you could hold or they HIRED more DEC's. This is because again the staffing bid is a vacancy only bid.

This is all predicated on the company following the contract......