Old 07-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Mox Nix
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900B

Originally Posted by KYTBRD View Post
One other gotcha to keep in mind is that the permissive tdy is used prior to the your leave. Being that you're crossing over 1 Oct, that could effect you. Good luck. Remember, if don't get called, to maintain recency of experience as late as possible. You can sell 60 days of leave. Then add: permissive + the amount of leave over 60 + the leave you earn = the last day on active duty when you could fly. Unless of course you work all the way to your last day and then sell 60. In which case you would lose leave and the permissive.
KYTBRD (or anyone in the know): At what point do you have to establish your terminal leave date, and can it be changed depending on your situation? I know when applying for separation/retirement, THAT date is solid and not adjustable... and you have to apply NLT 120 days prior to starting terminal.

So in your scenario above... say I want to start terminal (be available for class) 1 August, and for argument's sake I have 60 days leave, with my DOS established at 1 Oct (not-changeable). The job offers don't come, or maybe I get an offer to start class on 12 November. At what point can I change my mind and tell the AF that I'll work all the way up to 30 Sept and sell the rest of my leave? And then could I change my mind again if there's a sudden opening and I get offered an earlier class date on 10 September.