Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 AM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by EatMyPropwash View Post
this makes me wonder about future captain upgrades... I haven't had honest time to read the whole CBA contract, but...
But what? Take the time to read the important parts. It's your contract, learn it, fly it.

Originally Posted by EatMyPropwash View Post
does it mention about an order to captain upgrade, or is it just on an as needed basis depending on who bids for it? Reason I ask is... the people that have the type (like myself in a few weeks) don't need to do the ATP or PIC ride... it's just a recurrent/transiton type event that won't take nearly as long as someone doing the whole transition course, which saves $$$. So, financially if I'm understanding the captain upgrade right, it'd be cheaper ($$$ wise here) to upgrade someone who already has their type, and just got 1,000hrs 121/135 than someone who has 1,000+ but no type... I know Silver is all about the $$$ pinching.
So, let me get this straight: Given the chance, you'd take advantage of a technicality which would effectively screw over your fellow (senior) pilots just to save Silver some money? That's some dangerous thinking. I'd correct that if I were you.

Luckily, that's not how it will happen. Reference sandrich's post.