View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by captnmo View Post
Thanks for the input. I have considered the freight carriers like Kalitta and National but I would probably be gone the same if not more for less money then I'm making now. In fact, the regionals would put me in the same situation but for even less money than the freight carriers. I think it's mostly a case of the grass looking greener with my current job. I'm gone half the year or less. The others aspect that chaps my butt about my job is working in the third-world sewers of the world. But really, how much better is eating pub food at the Holiday Inn Express in the middle of nowhere on food stamp wages? At least my current pay is good. I think my greater concern is how far King Air turbo-prop PIC is going to get me with 1100 Part 121 SIC in my background.

I suspect that your FW military time, combined with the rest of it, will put you over the hump for the majors. You have military time, RJ time, glass, turbine, checkairman, and PIC. The fact that it's spread around shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I would think the variety of your flying background would help...it shows you're trainable and flexible.

You may not be the first guy they call, but all else being equal you shouldn't be the too far behind. Are you still doing the guard flying?