View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

I am bumping this.

After hosting over 40 seminars across the country and in Europe and a handful of additional online seminars thus far in 2013, this week I am still doing a last-minute cram session with 8-9 folks two days prior to their interviews.

This is in the middle of my first 8-9 day Asia trip in several years and a death in our Emerald Coast family. Mary--our HR lead--lost her mom to cancer last Saturday.

This is certainly better than no prep. I really, really appreciate the business. But I can promise you as hard as I will work to help these folks, those of you who can come early to a session are going to get much, much more out the experience than those trying to cram for finals.

You applied...so you must think you are going to get called eventually, right? If you do the course early--close to your hometown or on a TDY or layover, it is much easier to follow up with a top off phone call or online training session. Building from the ground up--two days prior to your big day--is an exercise in triage.

I don't mean to sound like I do not appreciate the business. I do. But the "dad" or "flight commander" comes out in me when I see these last minute flailing cases, and I always want to say "why weren't you here six months ago?" Dragon7 and a few others on here "strolled" into their jobs. Others flopped like a fish until the night prior. Who would you rather be?