View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Winged Wheeler
Libertarian Resistance

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 757 FO
Default Fair enough

Originally Posted by Radials Rule View Post
Yes Winged Wheeler, I saw that is what you said. My disregard for your use of the word perspective was only in the interest of preventing its abuse. Putting things in "perspective" is often used by those wishing to create an illusion of cold objectivity. When in fact, the word's use is quite subjective....especially in a topic such as this. i.e. In human vs animals as a source of CO2; How much of the animal side is animal agriculture and domesticated livestock? That would be a human source. Also, CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas.

As for facts without editorializing; Anyone can state facts. However, the selective stating of facts doesn't mean that you're immune from editorializing.

Just keeping the "S/N ratio" down from my <ahem> "perspective"
It is absolutely true that any list of so called facts will betray some editorial bias--even if it is just the order in which they were presented. If you want to put my perspective into perspective I don't have a problem with that.

The places where I looked for that info included all human economic activity in the 3% or so of CO2 that is emitted each year, not just industrial emissions. Without looking it up, I would bet that insect respiration has more annual CO2 than all human sources--I'll cheerfully retract that hypothesis if I am shown evidence otherwise.

The goal is to keep the signal/noise ratio high, not low.

WW