Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM
jsfBoat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Lovin' life at .4 (ish) mach

Originally Posted by inrange View Post
Yup same out on interviews ready to leave
Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
12 days and a wake up! my favorite quote today from scheduling from one of my buddies.

"OMG you're not calling to quit too are you?"
That's too funny......

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
Does anyone know how many are leaving this month? My best guess is 3-4.
Originally Posted by CaptainCarl View Post
Which brings us to the question of: How does Silver Airways attract new applicants in a level playing field (i.e. the "1500 rule")?

Money. QOL. Two things Silver doesn't offer (comparatively to other regional carriers).
People come here because either no one else would hire us, or the quick upgrade (assuming someone didn't want to become a lifer), so now that other places are hiring (more willingly than before) that are better and no upgrades in sight for the majority of F/Os, I don't think they can attract anyone.

From what I'm hearing as far as going to the "Dream" company, they either want jet or PIC time, preferably both. None of which will happen for the vast majority of us here. Why stay here another year building time in a turboprop (which no one seems to care about anyways) when it would be better getting some jet time? Others have different reasons of leaving (Cruz) but I got some experience to make myself more marketable for other regionals (amazing what some Turbine 121 and an ATP ticket will do) that wouldn't have bothered to call me when I had only CFI and flying a few GA airplanes coast to coast trips for experience.

No matter what happens, if I'm on an overnight and I see you (former Silver Alumni) I'll stop and say hi and possibly have a beer or two with you.