View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM
iPilot88
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Default Should I go for it? 21 years old

Yes, another one of these questions.

I am 21 years old, about 1.5 years away from a bachelors degree in Health information management. I currently have my private pilots license which I received after 41 hours of flight time. My dream is to fly and actually get paid descent for it lol. Hopefully a major in the future.

I should be able to pay for all flight training without accumulating any debt. I'm thinking about purchasing an airplane to help cut down on costs and then instruct out of it once I become a CFI. I also have minimal debt from college that should be easy to pay off.

I work as a janitor at the high school I graduated from lol but it works out good as all my classes are online so I can live at home and work and save money. My new fiance whom I proposed to in the plane and wrote marry me? in a field (so romantic I know ) works as registered nurse and is fully supportive of me doing this and makes enough to support us both. My flight instructor is a first officer for American and should have some connections for me I hope.

So if you were in my situation, what would you do? I feel like I am in a good position, just hard work and a lot of flying ahead.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

(Railroad is another option which I have also been trying to get on to. My friend, same age as me, just finished engineer training and he showed me his two week pay stub of almost 4600 dollars. Kind of hard to say no to that amount of pay but then end up doing something I'm not too interested in.)