View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by iPilot88 View Post
In all honesty, the reason I feel I need to ask this question is because of this forum. When I first started training I was so excited for what was ahead of me. Then I found this forum and there is so much negativity regarding this career so it is making me reconsider. Not saying your post is negative 8hour and don't get me wrong there is loads of excellent information as well.

I guess I mainly wrote in hopes of getting some encouraging and positive words regarding an airline pilot. Also to just let people know my situation and hope others could relate. And I am not going to make my decision solely from a forum where I know not a single person.

Thanks
There is no question the past 13 years have been the worst the industry has ever seen, however I think the future is looking pretty bright. The Airlines have finally figure out how to make money (even VA) and there has been very little hiring at airlines where the average age is like 45, lol. Lots of retirement. I think now is a great time to get in. I would rather regret doing something then regret not doing it, but that's just me. Good luck.

Also, take a look around I don't know many mid 20 something year olds making good money doing something else.