Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM
krudawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 747 Captain, retired

Originally Posted by SongMan View Post
Thanks!

I work at a flight school with Frasca right now. I can use it as much as I want although I honestly don't know if Frasca would be any help to B737-800 sim ride.

I have about 100 hours in Frasca and 200 hours in G1000 stupider Cessna 172.

They say B737-800 SIM ride will consist if takeoff, climb, descend, turns, and couple approaches. I don't think auto pilot coupled approach will be part of it although I'm not 100%.

I'm not sure if buying some time in B737 sim will be worth it or I should just become really familiar with Microsoft sim.
Don't bother with B737 sim time. My sim ride 27 years ago was a B727. I was handed a booklet with the profile I would be required to fly, the ball park power and pitch settings. What is most import on the sim ride will be maintaining an assigned altitude and assigned heading. If you start trending off your altitude, make an immediate correction back to the altitude - Smoothness at the controls were not graded but altitude, heading and airspeed were. On my ILS the wind shifted from a left quartering tailwind to a headwind and then a right quartering tailwind. I was expected to keep the needles centered, which I did. Stay on the guages at all times. You said you are a CFI so that should be easy. Good luck!