View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Default FDX MAY Disputed Pairings

You should have received by now an e-mail from the Scheduling Improvement Group - May 2007 is a 4-week month

The Bid is Open for May. There is no possibility that someone can, at this point, pick up a Disputed Pairing out of Open Time, or request one specifically on a Secondary Line. What else can we do at this point to prevent a pilot from "accidentally" picking up one of these pairings out of Open Time? We've debated what to do after a Pairing has been picked up -- but what can we do to prevent it before it even happens?

Is it even important? Well, the SIG seems to think so.
"Ladies and Gentlemen the ALPA SIG believes the disputed pairing process is our best means of fixing rigorous pairing designs, it requires the crew force to keep themselves informed and up to date!"
FlybyKnite made this observation:
Originally Posted by FlybyKnite View Post

Yes, the SIG and the pairing reviewers (real unsung heroes) do a great job of identifying the onerous segments and publishing the results. I erred in making my publishing comment-- the actual pairings aren't in the notes email but are in the bid pack. I meant that I just don't think a lot of guys are industrious enough to go through the bid pack to eyeball and digest the pairings before open time comes out (especially guys using Fastbid- I'm guilty most months).

The A300 PSIT added this to the May SIG Letter:
APR 2007 SIG DPs.JPG

Does this help? Do you think it would be helpful if every PSIT did the same thing? I imagine the PSIT would appreciate feedback, either way.

And, as an aside, who is this Jim Skinner guy making up his own version of Scooby Snacks?!?!
"For the crews receiving mini snacks in SFS. Jim Skinner has found some local products that will meet the crew forces needs as they transit SFS. We had a few committee members taste test the SFS Scooby Snacks and they give 'a thumbs up'."
Where did he find these "products"? Do we want to know?