Thread: Vacancy Bid
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Skyflyin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by SpecialTracking View Post
I think this bears reading one more time. From the arbitrators...

"There simply is no fair and equitable basis for this Board to award what the CAL Committee proposes. Under the guise of protecting pilots from displacement from “then-current positions”, it would extend such protection to pilots who don’t actually have such positions at all. In short, if granted, it would interfere with the fair operation of the ISL forever by placing CAL pilots immovably in positions that their ISL seniority would not entitle them to hold."

...in other words, if you are not in training, you will not be afforded protections.
You may like to repeat that ST, but what the CAL MC proposed was exactly what was awarded in the Delta/NWA merger and not very far from the UAL proposal (below).

The UAL Committee’s pilots in training proposed C&R (Number 1.3) is as
follows:
Pilots who, at the time of implementation of an integrated seniority list, are in the process of completing or who have completed qualification training for a new position
(e.g., B-777 Captain or A-319 First Officer) may be assigned to the position for which they are being or have been trained, regardless of their relative standing on the Integrated
Seniority List.

I was surprised that the arbs did not define what "in the process of training" meant, just for the reason that the two sides seem to be arguing now.

Besides, I wasn't talking about the 14-02 guys, but the guys that would be bumped that are already in the position.

Last edited by Skyflyin; 09-24-2013 at 04:46 PM.