View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
SB ...

High confidence rumor mill says FDX Management not only reads APC postings but actually prints them out and puts them in your personnel file. Should you get called in for some "alleged" infraction, your first meeting with your Fleet Captain (formerly called "Assistant Chief Pilot) might be with attorneys, court reporters and tape recorders.

Please don't kid yourself into thinking that Management doesn't know who we are ... they do. In fact the "System Chief Pilot" occasionally even comments on this forum.

I get the impression that UPS NURPS get paid less that line pilots? At FedEx Management IS Line Pilots that get paid extra for "taking care" of their peers. In fact they get paid so well that they almost never go back to the line.

The 2 most senior Management Pilot are former Union Committee Chairman. I wonder what their new Management jobs cost the rest of us?
Mark...

Whoa...that is both sad and shocking. That a fellow ALPA member and fellow line pilot would act in that manner is truly amazing to me. As I said, we fully expect that kind of behavior over here...in fact we expect worse...in fact we fully expect our management to reach now lows in evermore disgusting ways. Some of us refer to it as Expectation Zero. It's a way of rationalizing and coping with the unique non-airline that is UPS.

As for our NURPs, they each in effect have their own deals. Many of the earlier ones make more than a line captain and have some sweet stock packages, including some that hypothicated their way into millions of extra dollars pre-IPO. Some of the more recent have lesser deals and are even now having things like spousal medical coverage slashed.

It is going to be a tremendous challenge for both of us to get our piece of the action in the coming months...or years that it takes to get new CBAs, and make no mistake, our Geckos are watching (and likely talking with) your Geckos.

Hopefully our leadership will work with each other.