View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Purpletailed10 View Post
So I figure same design and close to the same quality I should be good to go for at least 4 or 5 years.
Sorry to hear about the issues with Travel Pro, I was always under the impression they made a great product.
My first PNS bag lasted me 10 years. Only sent it back once for a "tune up", and only had to replace the wheels and bearings once. With the amount of commuting and crashpads I've been in dragging it over sidewalks as well as on and off subways and buses in addition to the job, I consider that pretty good. As well as the first 5 years of that I was on an airplane where we had to put our rollers in the back with passengers bags. That's A LOT of potential for a bag to get abused, as well as a lot failure inducing bag drag with 3-4 plane swaps a day.

As far as the quality since the switchover to LW, I'm not sure if it's as good of quality. It's STILL a tough bag, but the nylon seems to be a finer/less durable grade and the handle tubes seem a little flimsier. Like I said, STILL tough, but doesn't seem quite as tough as when it was PNS. However, the kick plate sees better built and is reenforced from my original, which is nice.