Thread: Vacancy Bid
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Birddog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Skyflyin View Post
That was too long birddog, and I'm tired of you guys crapping all over the CAL guys just for having a discussion so I'm not going to respond.

For a lot of the CAL guys the ISL has taken the last 3 or 4 years of advancement away from them and will lead to displacements, more training and pay cuts. I know you guys think that we should never have advanced in the first place, but let me ask you this. If you think we should have shared the advancements over the last 3 years, why do you think it's OK to take ALL the advancements over the last 3 or 4 years yourselves?

You think I'm full of BS I'm sure, so here is a quote from our merger committee so you know I'm not the only one thinking this:

"CAL pilots have returned to their seniority percentage from three years ago and the UAL pilots have gained virtually all of the block hour growth and fleet growth from the merger over the past three years."

Like I said, were not going to convince each other of anything so lets give it a rest.

Cue the "The arbs agreed with us, so we're right, nah nah nee nah nah"
Sorry for the lengthy reply. Just trying to cover every base. Also, sorry if you felt like I was "crapping" on you. I don't look at this as a CAL vs UAL issue. Granting these displacement rights affects ALL pilots. It appears a pilot in the high 7000's in seniority numbers received a 767 Captain award on the 14-02D bid, a lateral. That position is now unavailable to ALL pilots for some time who want adjust to a post-ISL landscape with a Vacancy bid.

I don't want to take ALL the advancements for the last 3 years. I want the TPA, UPA, SFO MOU, and SLI A&O followed as they were written and intended. Remember, the SLI is from a October 2010 outlook. The 14-02 & 14-02A Bids wouldn't have existed then, the 14-02D bids shouldn't be created now.

What the S-CAL Merger Committee is describing above is a Relative Seniority ISL award using an October 2010 snapshot. I'm not going to argue that's it's fair, but it is reasonable. It's also what every S-CAL 737 FO was preaching to me when I was jumpseating to work back in 2010 and 2011.

Yes, we can rest because per the agreements the EKN panel still has jurisdiction over the issue of granting displacements.

Dogg