View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 AM
JMT21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by AirWillie
You don't have to go through freezing hell in the middle of no where and spend thousands and thousands dollars, can't remember how much UND school and flight programs costs but I remember it was expensive, just so you have lowered times to go into American Eagle or Horizon Air. It's not worth it. Go through your college and get your ratings at your local FBO cheap and become a CFI. As a Skywest pilot recruiting rep told me in an e-mail, they don't care where you got your ratings or flying experience, they care about your personality and the interview. There are many flying jobs out there available to anybody not just to UND students.
Your going to spend 'thousands and thousands of dollars' to earn your certificates and ratings no matter where you do your training. As already stated it is no more expensive to do so at UND then 'at your local FBO cheap'. I'd be more then happy to compare the numbers and refresh your memory. Why do you think the regionals (It's not only Horizon and American Eagle) lower their minimums for UND grads? Evidently those airlines think 'it's worth it.' That Skywest recruiter you talked to via email was probably the same one I talked to in person when they were here this last spring and fall. I'm well aware that to get a job in the industry your degree can be in anything you want and your flight training from anywhere. In fact as it has already been pointed out, one would be best off to major in something other then a strictly aviation degree. Get your facts straight and quit being so naive.

Last edited by JMT21; 01-29-2006 at 11:50 AM.