View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM
flybywire44
Flies With The Hat On

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Right of the Left Seat

Originally Posted by ackattacker View Post
Right now there's not a huge difference in seniority between the bases. It seems to vary bid by bid. Anyone with more than 5 months seniority (who isn't seat locked to the E190) can hold any east base. PHL and DCA will get you to a block marginally faster.

As of the February bid, guys hired mid to late 2011 are holding secondary blocks on the Airbus.

If you are looking at it from the perspective of an AA pilot, I'd suspect that by the time we are able to bid each other's bases a lot will have changed including East/West seniority integration throwing Phoenix into the mix. I would expect Phoenix to become the senior base, since I don't forecast it growing and the Westies will come away with significant seniority no matter how the whole Nic fiasco plays out, simply based upon the number of pilots hired after them.

I don't expect DCA to shrink based upon statements Parker and Horton have made but anything is possible.
July 2011 new hires are still on a319 reserve in Philadelphia. However, they are projected to hold a319 lines in February, but I think December/January might be when u start seeing July, 2011 new hires hold a PHL 319 lines.

It's also worth mentioning that an October 2012 new hire will also hold a line in Philly in February.

So right now the time to hold a line in Philadelphia on the Airbus is dropping from two years and seven/eight months to a year and three/four months!!!!