View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 AM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

Associated Press and Reuters are reporting that Boeing is working with Virgin Atlantic on the development of a new biofuel for jets as part of efforts to reduce carbon emissions. Boeing also announced that Virgin ordered 15 more 787s and is now the largest European order to date for the Dreamliner.

There are many ways to reduce weight on an aircraft, and those listed in the article make logical sense. I just flew Continental and the poor little 737-800 was jammed full to the gills with people and their belongings, some of whom appeared to have brought along the proverbial kitchen sink. Perhaps a limit to checked baggage and carry on baggage should be enforced. In another post, I tried to resurrect an old idea of standing seats for short flights of one hour or less. I certainly don't mind standing and walking around a less crowded cabin. And sure, get rid of those magazines. If not, at least make the crossword puzzles a little more challenging! In yet another post a long time ago, I noted for the group that an airline in China is asking passengers to use the bathroom before boarding the plane. Apparently, every ounce makes a difference.