View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 AM
dvd1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I think that first you need to think if you really love aviation, I mean REALLY LOVE IT. Have you been dreaming about being a Pilot since you were a child or it's just something fairly new? Do you think aviation is YOUR LIFE, or you just think "it would be cool to be a pilot".
If you decide to go for aviation as a career, then I think you shouldn't delay it anymore. Like you said it, you are young and don't have baggage. The big problem about being in love with airplanes (heavy metal, not just Cessnas) it's that no mather what kind of job you do, or how much money you make, you'll always miss aviation. You'll find a lot of people that say go for another career, make money and then fly as a hobby. In my case that wouldn't work. I couldn't settle for flying a Cessna on weekends, I like heavy metal, I want the whole nine yards. For some people that's enough, but not for me. HOW ABOUT YOU? It's that enough? If it isn't then you need to move forward towards being an airline/cargo/Par135 PILOT RIGHT AWAY ! You could be flying for a regional in as little as a year. There are some programs out there that get you in, but I only know one that guarantees a job with a regional flying CRJs without working as a CFI. I don't want to post it here, since some people could think is advertising, but send me a message or email and I'll gladly tell you.

GOOD LUCK !