Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 03:40 PM
outaluckagain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
Why do you want intentionally get paid bad and not take a position you are fully qualified for again? And your hourly rate would only be 11.30, not really something you can live off of for a long time unless you eat like a bird and live in a box.
What risk are you talking about?
I was out of flying as a full time pilot for a while so I wanted to spend some time as an FO at Cape. This would be a move on my part top get my skills back up to speed before upgrading to Captain. I am not one to think that just having ATP mins is enough to qualify me to start as a Captain. I got all of my experience as a CFI flying the pattern, if you get my drift. The time as an FO would be valuable.

The pay would not be an issue since the time spent as an FO would only be a couple months at most.

Anyway, I don't think I would want to get in a C402 and fly as Captain right off the bat like that.

You seem fairly certain that having ATP mins would cut it to start as a Captain at Cape. Have many pilots done this? Might these actually be people who have previous 135 time at a company like Air Net?