View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 AM
Hoss
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by tone View Post
Not saying that. What I'm asking is, "what does it mean that TWA pilots were considered new hires anyway?" I'm taking the same position as you on this. The current list is reflecting this , my guess is Eagle pilots got ahead of some TWA guys after the suit? And it won't affect their position on any new list in the future, right? So Airways, and whatever other companies AA merges with down the road, etc. Also, TWA pilots won't be paid as new hires, but get paid what they were getting paid 20 years ago, or however long these guys were on the street for...
This is all too complex and convoluted to explain on a message board. In short, the ridiculous "new-hire" term for some of the TWA pilots came about from a law-suit between Eagle ALPA and the APA. For some reason, the judge, in his ruling, used the term "new-hire" for any TWA pilot that had not gone through AA training prior to being furloughed.

As for pay, I was on third year pay when furloughed and came back at third year pay. There is a real push going on right now for the furloughed pilots to get LOS for time while furloughed, but it seems that union leadership (being mostly senior guys) has little interest in pursuing it at this time.

Eagle flow-through pilots did not get any advantage on the seniority list as a result of the law-suit. The ruling simply allowed them to flow-up ahead of more junior furloughed guys. Yes, it was a raw deal for the furloughed guys as it delayed our recall for several months.

I hope this answers some of your questions.