View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Ultralight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by SkylineAviation View Post
$16.24/FLIGHT HOUR and $1.35 Per Diem...simply disgusting. I can't believe they can belittle the profession this badly. Just when you think other regional's are bad this takes it to a whole new level.

Considering a CFI in certain areas charges $50 and more per hour why in the world would someone volunteer themselves up for that.
Very true, but when you consider some people (or some people's parents) are actually paying to sit in the right seat of a turbo prop, $16 an hour in the green looks like a better option.

With the new rules in place, new pilots need to find a way to build 1,500 hours. If you went to Lakes you wouldn't even have to get your CFI's saving a nice chunk of change.

If I were to start over again I would be tempted to skip the CFI ratings, go to Lakes until I have the time to apply to Ameriflight, get some turbine PIC and a semi respectable paycheck over there, and then put my resume out on airline apps.

I hope the feds reject it too, but if it gets approved it certainly gives a newly minted Commercial a pilot a different option to think about.