View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:47 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by M696 View Post
Is it so hard to post new hire qualifications without getting your panties in a bunch over your beloved "long" thread? No need to get upset because someone started a new Atlas thread.
... So those of us who have spent hours and hours researching and posting valuable information and personal experiences on the "beloved long thread" would have to reedit and repost all of our work on a new thread whenever someone who is too impatient or lazy to take the time to do their homework demands instant gratification.

Gotcha. I'll get right on it.

Maybe the new guys will take up the torch and fill this urgent need. It would be a shame, however, to lose out on all of the odds and ends of information regarding schedules, fleet plans, operations, history, gateway travel, pay, vacation, junior/senior crew bases, customers, new flying, lost flying, training pay, first year pay, military leave, etc. etc. etc. that has already been posted and made available to those who are looking for the "Atlas Gouge". Questions about these subjects will inevitably come up and have to be repeated in every new thread that surfaces with an Atlas inquiry.

I will say this here, however; My personal experience at Atlas has shown me that during the interview, hiring and initial new hire training process, Atlas seems to place a huge amount of responsibility on the incoming pilot to research and know their information whether it be company history, operations, facts and figures for the interview, or systems and procedures during initial ground school. If a prospective Atlas employee needs to be lead by the hand through the process, if they are not willing to do the work and put in the time required, they will likely not succeed.