View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
All those scenarios of stealing/hacking an aircraft, would be too complex to pull off without massive coordination. It's likely the simple answer, fire/smoke in the cockpit crippled the aircraft, knocked out the equipment, and the plane flew to a crash site that is perhaps a thousand miles away.
That's what I've been saying all along. Terror doesn't make sense if nobody knows about it.

There are serious logical problems with every other scenario, so even if it's unlikely cockpit fire is the only thing that isn't in conflict with one or more facts.

Now if you show me a background or personal issue with one of the pilots, that would move to the top of the list. A fire might disable all comms, but a pilot could definitely do so. But I'm giving the pilots the full benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
It may be the case that this aircraft is never found.
I think it will be found, one way or another. With a modern US manufactured airplane involved the USG will probably not give up on this and they do have resources. Might not be this year though.