View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

If you're "tracking known waypoints", maybe you're trying to nail another airplane on an airway. Not as dramatic as showing up somewhere to crash into some significant landmark.

Why is the press so focused on the theory that this thing was meant to land, THEN used as a bomb? Seems cumbersome. They could have showed up in a number of important places in India, Pakistan, or even Saudi Arabia, and enjoyed the element of surprise.

Which is what leads me to believe that whoever did this was trained, but not quite trained enough, and didn't get their math completely right, or made some simple mistake along the way. That's about all we have on them so far.

I am less and less inclined to believe anything but a criminal act, but I agree with those that are keeping an open mind on the pilots' role. It's very likely one or both paid the ultimate price trying to protect their airplane, or never saw it coming, whatever was done to them. Sounds to me like the biggest transgression attributable to the flight crew is that on some flights, the F/O was filmed and photographed with another Captain, having guests in the cockpit. And they smoked in the cockpit.