Thread: Alpa Fdx
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:46 PM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by 42GO View Post
I can't believe anyone believes this poll.....for that matter any that the union has done....
I'm 57 and I don't believe that poll...It all depends on how you ask the question and who you ask....The union NEVER releases the data ...I wonder why?
Your 57 and I suppose you can't believe your Union got you a pay raise and an increased B Fund and enhaced retirement benefits with an increased multiplier for pilots over 50 (thats you BTW), ) and retiree medical on this last contract..........and your signing bonus (or retro or what ever you want to call it)

AS For the latter part of your post, Thats BS and you know it. We have had 4 surveys done at FDX that I know of by the Wilson Center.

The most recent FDX only poll was the Pre-contact survey taken in 2003/2004. They held that data for Strategic reasons because they didn't want to give #'s to the company, but later released it.

The Survey before that was the FPA/ALPA merger poll in 2001. The Wilson center called that one right on the money.........they released that data.

The Poll before that was if ALPA #1 was going to lose to FPA and be decertified. There was no need to release that data, but the wilson center was within 1% of the actual vote.

The Poll before that was to determine if the Fedex pilots wanted to Unionize and with whom. That one was done in 1992. The Wislon center called that one within 2% as I recall.

This most recent telephone poll by the Wilson Center was ALPA wide, not just FDX.
There is no reason to lie about the data and quite frankly, the results weren't all that surprising and you know it.