View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Convair5800 View Post
^^^ Unfortunately yes:

1. Current FAA Commercial Pilot Certification with the following ratings: Rotorcraft helicopter with instrument rating and Airplane (Single-engine land or Multi-engine land) with instrument rating; or Rotorcraft helicopter with instrument rating. Appropriate U.S. military ratings may be substituted. Other certificates that meet or exceed the requirements of the Commercial Pilot Certificate are also acceptable (e.g. Airline Transport Pilot Certificate).

Met a couple of the guys based in BQN recently...good group! Good luck gents!
Ah yes
I quit reading that part after Commercial Pilot Certification.....

I've not been following these as closely since I retired and knew that I couldn't complete the training; but has this requirement been in place long? I ask because I knew a few guys hired without any dual qualifications and one hired (hello...still on the boards Rolex?) with both who of course scored very highly on the points total because he had been a former USN helo guy turned FW tactical guy.

With more places hiring now I know the pool of pilots wanting to fly at CBP will be smaller. Maybe they won't be able to hang on that dual qual for very long.