View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 05:47 AM
whatifguy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
Ok, lets take a look at this, briefly.

Management says that they are out to protect us and grow the company as a stand-alone entity. With the lucrative Boston and New York markets, plus our relative small market share, jetblue is going to be part of an merger or acquisition event. Theres a plus for CBA & Union.

In the event of a transactional event, I think that Mckaskill-Bond applies, the acquiring company needs our pilots and jets and we all keep out jobs. There's a plus for the PVC and DR. We keep our 1.9%

The negotiation process for the CBA is going to be horrendous. We all know this. Plus for DR & PVC.

The floater items that keep the scales of justice swaying back and forth are:

-"Code Shares" with Hawaiian (who sells tickets to JFK on Virgin America)
-Health Care Disaster
-Additions to Dependability Clauses and other items to our FOM (No PVC Collab)
-Changing of the "peer set" during last PEA negoatiation

The knowns that ALPA sucks:
-TWA- AA merger
-Legacy bankruptcies and treatment of "bretheren"
-SWA and AirTran M&A event
-1.9% of my 13% PEA raise for Lee's Steak Dinners

Fins, I value your opinions and I would vote for you on the MEC if you so chose to run. I have to say that the majority of people I interact with are pro-ALPA. Keep me penciled in as a "fence sitter".

-Bubs

There's no such thing as fence sitters anymore, you are a no! You have been since before you got hired and you still are!

Listen newbie, a CBA will only take as long to negotiate as the company wants it to. Everyone knows what the going rate is for an A320 Capt in today's industry, everyone knows what "average" benefits and retirement are in today's industry. This company has always been used to doing whatever they want whenever they want with no pilot input. Well, those days are almost over! As soon as they realize they need relief in some area (scheduling, training, etc.) we will get our CBA. It may take a year or two, but I don't believe more than that.

Face it dude, ALPA is coming whether you vote YES or not. You can either choose to sit at the grown up table and have a say in future of your career, or you can trust people like Maruster and Martin to do the right thing. Either way, in 60 days you'll be writing that dues check to ALPA.