View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 03:59 AM
P-3Bubba
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: P-3C

Originally Posted by whatifguy View Post
There's no such thing as fence sitters anymore, you are a no! You have been since before you got hired and you still are!

Listen newbie, a CBA will only take as long to negotiate as the company wants it to. Everyone knows what the going rate is for an A320 Capt in today's industry, everyone knows what "average" benefits and retirement are in today's industry. This company has always been used to doing whatever they want whenever they want with no pilot input. Well, those days are almost over! As soon as they realize they need relief in some area (scheduling, training, etc.) we will get our CBA. It may take a year or two, but I don't believe more than that.

Face it dude, ALPA is coming whether you vote YES or not. You can either choose to sit at the grown up table and have a say in future of your career, or you can trust people like Maruster and Martin to do the right thing. Either way, in 60 days you'll be writing that dues check to ALPA.
You don't get it. The fence sitter is what defined last ALPA's drive's failure. The newbie is the greatest threat to this ALPA drive's failure. My vote counts the same as yours, and if I am a "NO" vote as you say, just don't bother voting because my vote will cancel yours out.