View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Fins Up
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Passed out in my hammock

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
He states that JB pilots will get a 20 percent raise over the next 3 years. Is that correct?
The correct part is that base rates will increase by a total of 20% over the next three years. As with everything the company puts out, it's what they don't say that is more telling.

- We used to get premium pay for credit over 70 hours, then it was over 78 hours, now it is completely gone.
- The base rates they use are still below industry average even though we were told years ago that they "wanted to pay us industry average". Then industry average became "industry competitive".
- The base rates were calculated using a peer set that was unilaterally changed by the company (without concurrence of our PVC) which blatantly violates the FSM governance procedures that they signed. Our PVC is now in the process of pursuing mediation for the violation.
- We are still behind in retirement and profit sharing, have horrible health insurance, sub-standard sick/vacation accrual. These are all verifiable numbers - not rumor.

I could go on. Dave is a snake in the grass. He'll give you his best smile while he's stealing from your back pocket. I believe he'll be gone after the vote passes. Don't feel too bad for him. While our compensation and benefits are sub-average, his are on par with that of CEOs of some of the largest companies in the country. I think his golden parachute will protect him just fine.