View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:31 PM
rvr1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
The article that quotes DB, in regards to Norwegian and labor, is concerning. The Norwegian operation is total bull$hit. ALPA is right to have a fit about it and I've seen the Lower cost labor going through customs in FLL. I'm not saying that competition is bad but that's a garbage way to go about it, and DB says he "likes it." Not good.

I agree that a large upper level management shake-up will occur soon. ALPA would be another reason people would leave. That's a level way above the pilot group.

The other thing that probably would have put the brakes on ALPA is a larger pay raise and retaining Premium Pay. It would have cost way less than a union fight and the pain of a CBA process. That would have kept the culture in tact and would have put the health care and union issue to "bed". But they blew it. I do see our leadership and management team, at times of financial and written policy, exhibit and project an attitude of arrogance.
Well said. A great example of this arrogance is the quote from our COO along the lines of, "you don't want to negotiate with us, we're great at it, just ask our vendors."