Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM
FODhopper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
Sorry to change the subject, but I don't get why all the people dissing air whiskey seem to think the pilots care..

This place has had an "uncertain" future forever. Before we were sold in 1993, UAL basically just said they were going to shut the doors. In 2005, we had zero flying planned. I understand that the regional landscape is changing and this airline could literally close 100% in a short period of time. The point I want to make is that most of the pilots here DO NOT CARE.

Do people think we sit there in the cockpit biting our finger nails saying "Oh my gosh what am I gonna do?!?".. No. We don't.

The environment in my base and with the range of guys I fly with (top 20% in base) don't care about this "uncertainty". The same goes for the occasional junior capt I fly with. So, trust me, you're not hurting our feelings when you sit there and preach behind your keyboard that the "writing is on the wall".
+1 BT and Moonwolf...and philosophic words from Mason

And to add...49 years running and the 2nd oldest U.S. airline NOT to declare bankruptcy...which means instead of chasing the next available flying...they make agreements that will sustain them for multiple years....this is why we don't care about the flamers