Old 05-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Brokenwind
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Gear and flap operator

They "hired" me a few years ago after a successful simulator eval in DOH (I got the handshake and a pat in the back). Go home and wait for the offer, it will arrive in 3 weeks, I was told...

6 weeks later I asked a QR employee (via another forum site) to check on my status with admin. I was still waiting and emails were bouncing back, no calls being answered, etc. As if I never existed and it all was a dream.

I get the response that I was considered too old for the job as non-rated Direct Entry FO, I had been "selected" in error.

Basically, I was being ignored and they were never going to tell me they had made a "mistake". Evidently this is how you handle your blunders in this part of the world.

As a result I consider myself fortunate after all not to have to answer to people of this caliber...

It is a gilded cage, more so than with EK and EY. You will whither away there with social promotions and hollow promises.

Unless you are desperate and can't get hired anywhere else or are born and raised under that oppressive system I would stay away from that environment...