View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Radar
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: MeSAABa

For that matter even the "safety pilot" route to logging time is not the best idea. (That means Dad is wearing the hood while you are watching for traffic and logging time.) I have personally seen a candidate during an airline interview get sent home because he didn't have enough multi time to be eligible for the interview after the time logged as safety pilot was subtracted from his total multi time. He was not an MEI and had split multi time with another pilot by acting as a safety pilot. (Buy a fifty hour block and split it. One guy wears the hood and logs "safety pilot" time, while the other logs PIC instrument.) I used to split time, but as both of us were MEIs it was not an issue... and we were both really learning and teaching. Perhaps that is the most important part of the time you log, that it represents accurately what you are learning through experience. Not that you are not learning with Dad; I have a couple thousand hours in the right seat with Dad and it helps me every day in the right seat of the Dornier 328JET.