View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:02 AM
cargowannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: On My A$$

Originally Posted by Whaledriver View Post
The ExCo is in talks of one sort or another on a daily basis. Friday, there were two conference calls, one trying to save a guys job. Those are all mini negotiations. Gateway improvements are in talks. Retirement is not. They are not talking about trading gateway for retirement. There, clear? Exactly what was said on the P2P call.

Now, to the question of an improvement package before 2016. It will have to make sense to the company to do that. Every $1,000 raise for us is a $1 mil hit to their bottom line. This year they have an estimated $75 mil profit for AAWW. We have to assume Titan is making money, because it's a simple dry lease. GSS is a loss. That leaves Polar and Atlas. Only the bean counters and management know what those two make.
Just curious how you know about the phone calls if they in fact did take place? Whatever your position from inside OUR Union you sure do make a good case for management.

BTW, I will not copy and paste the P2P notes I received from a P2P member, but the quote was something like "we will ALWAYS be told if we negotiate." Well I have not been at Atlas long at all, but I seem to remember the AQP stuff was talked about with the company BEFORE we were told (BTW not asked what we wanted to open up 66 pages of contract) and now the gateway travel stuff, kinda makes go UHHHHHH what do I believe.

The $1000 increase in pilot pay to $1 mil rev where did you get that number, supposition, quick math or a truth, sorry fact? You know thinking that through how are we still in bid'ness from the old pay rates to the new ones with the same guarantee??????

Again not trying to divide just asking a question?

As far as where people come from and how they seem to be talked down to, I would be embarrassed to be that arrogant. Really everyone here has a story. Some better, some worse but we are all in it together. I assume we all want the same thing. The best for ourselves and our family. The question seems to be just how to achieve that common goal. I truly think this group is tired of living in a mushroom field.

cargowannabe