View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
i.e. if you're on the EWR 737 but Denver is where you want to live, if you're on the 737 you can bid 737 and anything above it at that base. If you're on the 76T, you can't bid back down to 737 in Denver for two years. Make sense?
I know that you are using Denver for explanatory reasons only here. But I will mention just for education sake for the new hires about the seniority levels on the 76T in Denver. I was hired in 1997 that makes 17 years on property at UAL. I've never been furloughed and I am one of the bottom 5 pilots on reserve in the right seat of the 76T in Denver.

What happened was when they shut down the 737 almost all of the 737 captains that couldn't hold 320 or 76T captain in Denver surplussed to the right seat of 76T. Then all of us other jr captains who were commuting to the left seat from Denver on the 737 or the 320 who got surplussed and couldn't hold captain anywhere anymore just came back to Denver and most of us went to the right seat of the 76T as well.

I don't think there is a single solitary F/O on the 76T in Denver who can't hold 737 captain everywhere and 756 captain in most places. So IF you bid the 76T and are wanting to come to Denver anytime soon fuggedaboudit. Not to mention they are talking about shutting down the 76T in Denver all together. As a new hire your movement options are much better on the 320 or the 737. Plus the pay is about the same so go for the seniority, take a NB bid you'll make a lot more money and you will have more choices.