Old 07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
EXPAT1
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 737 NG CAPT.

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
I hope that they DO relax the requirements...if they don't I don't see how they will have enough pilots for the flying they want to do.
They will come from inside China. At my airline we upgrade from off the street young college graduates with zero hours to B-737 Captain in 4 years. The ExPats are a short term fix and will NOT be needed in 4-5 years at many Chinese airlines. The largest aviation college is in China. China produces the most ATP rated pilots now than any other country. High speed trains and better public transportation are also slowing airline domestic growth in certain markets. The medical standards will never lower in China as this is the prime tool utilized to screen their own population of 1.3 Billion. If you can pass the Chinese First Class medical you have a chance, if not move on to the next rodeo. China is not a career option. It is a great place to come and earn the big bucks to pay off your house, pay the kids college fund, build up a est egg and save for retirement but not a long term career option. Come here with an open mind and the intention of staying 1 or 2 contracts, basically 3-6 years then move on.