View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 PM
BGD011
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by captainv View Post
JFK has the perception of "better" flying, as it usually gets the AMC lines. In the past few months, we've gotten lots of super-fun Europe AMC flying. But prior to that, it was month after month of nothing but CVG hotel reserve lines or SEA-Japan turns if you were super-senior.

CVG has the perception of being all DHL flying, but the nastiness of the commute depends heavily on where you live, i.e. one leg vs. two legs. Most of the CVG lines tend to begin with DHs to Asia, either TPE/NRT-SYD flying or TPE/NRT reserve. You don't need to come in early to rest prior to a DH to Asia, nor do you need a backup flight (although the company likes to push back on this one), so I usually leave home on a 10 pm flight on my last day off. You would have to come in earlier to be rested if beginning a DHL domestic night cargo line.

I was hit with imputed income every time I touched JFK, which wasn't often. Maybe 5 occurrences in 2 years. Never been hit in CVG in 9 months. Go figure.
Appreciate your input.
So if you were to begin trip with DH to Asia, does DH starts in CVG on company aircraft or you get DH on commercial flight out of your gateway/home?
Also, how does DHL domestic night cargo line look like? Same flying the whole month or mixed in with Asia and some other flying?
Imputed income, how much did those 5 occurrences in 2 years "cost you"? Additional 1%, 5%... of your yearly income?