View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 AM
BGD011
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by captainv View Post
All 767 Asia trips begin with a DH on a 747 out of CVG. You'd never begin one of those with a commercial flight, and unless something goes wrong, you'll never ride commercial back, either. But, your DH gets back to base at 3 am on your last day, so that's not too bad.

Domestic varies - sometimes it's a 17-day line. Sometimes it's all one destination (BOS), some times it's mixed. Maybe ATL one week, BOS the next. Sometimes you'll do a 12-day Asia trip, then a week of DHL domestic later in the month.

My imputed income was insignificant, and mostly those occurrences were because of a charter contract that flew into JFK. My airfares were $250/each, hotel was maybe $125/night. Didn't even notice. Compare that to a new-hire ANC 747 FO. They give up two off days on the front and one day on the back of each trip, just to get into position. Airfares to ANC ain't cheap - check a fare three days out from your local airport, prob. $900-1,000 on average. In June, out of 43 FO lines, there were 4 17-day patterns. Half were 60-day lines, with anywhere from 3 to 5 pairings. The rest of the 30-day lines had either two or three pairings in a single month. That blows! I'm all for some short trips to keep the guys who live in ANC happy, but that's clearly out of whack. I would be screaming long and hard if I were up there (but only to the union, during my first year). On the plus side, a guy hired in February is already halfway up the list in ANC, but that doesn't help the commute much. And the seniority will stagnate as more 767 FOs get released in September.
Thanks Captainv and NightIP for posting more info.
If you could comment on JFK 76 base, type of lines, number of pairings, how senior, any newhires there...?