View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:31 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
Pay banding is a concession, but not nearly as big a concession as swapping for out of base trips. I don't like at all that the company can re number a trip and put some other bases reserve on it.
I don't like the idea of allowing unfettered access to out of base open time. But I don't see how we could stop them from covering a trip by "renumbering" it because in order to do that they have to almost always build DH's on both sides and/or chop it up into smaller trips with each one having multipile DH's. As long as the in base WS and GS are honored and no one is available to do a trip, I think the cost to force them to just let it go uncovered and cancel will be more than we're willing to bargain for.

I'm against longer training freezes for any reason, especially for pay banding. Having a few fewer categories won't hurt as long as we keep the freezes the same. Very few pilots are going to fleet bounce (and usually a corresponding loss of relative seniority) and the luxury of a month on VA ave and a brain full ot training contamination from a "home study" course just for a couple bucks an hour unless they wanted that plane anyway. We already have some banding, and I don't see any major pay tiers being shattered even if we aligned 88 and 320 pay, etc. The hourly differentials aren't enough to make very many people jump just for that reason anyway. But longer freezes should be a non starter.