View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:59 AM
aircum
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by TonyC
If they were hats, what are they now?

I wear a hat because I'm not satisfied with the pace of contract negotiations. I wear it to remind myself to give 100.0% every day, every leg.

The sort is 30 minutes late. Hmmm. The Flight Plan says M0.80. The route of flight has a lot of twists and turns. Nice scenery. The ramp agent says the airplane will be ready 20 minutes early. That's nice. The scheduled deadhead has just been cancelled. Oh, well.

The day we ratify a contract that recognizes our contribution to this company's tremendous success and profitablity, I'll leave my hat at home and bring my goodwill to work. Until then, the goodwill is on the shelf in the closet, and the hat covers my head.

(Oh, and my watch is a $17 Armitron from KMart. I'm on the second battery, now. )

- The truth only hurts if it should -

I just want to add to Tony. I was at the ALPA meeting in AOC last night during our 2 hour late sort. First off it is amazing to me how many of our pilots can not take 15 minutes to stop surfing ebay to listen to our leaders. The main discussion point last night was the scope payment. Guys were extremely unhappy that they have not received there $500.00. Our Leadership explained that this money may be used towards other parts of contract negotiations. We had about 25 pilots outraged and wanted their money. Really, it is only about $325.00 after taxes. Who cares!!! Trust what our Leadership is doing and support them in their endeavors.

Tony makes some great points. But also stop the draft, vlt, makeup, vacation sell back. We will not get a contract till we hurt the bottom line. But then again trying to get our pilot group to see the big picture will be a miracle in itself.