View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Hillbilly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: 7ERA

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Don't know if they waited. Just know they accepted what was passed across the table to them because they knew what management's Plan B would be if they didn't. But hey, time value of money and not angering our partner is important.
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Because at the road shows, the responsible MEC administrators and NC members said exactly this to people who advised voting no. They said it was the best we'll get, and any return to the bargaining table would likely result in a worse deal, the NMB wouldn't back us, and the company has a Plan B to do what they wanted without us...and we wouldn't like that plan B. Those same administrators who post here said the same thing here.

That's how I know.

Carl
I think it's stuff like this where you lose people Carl. I don't believe the vast majority honestly thinks that the negotiators just took what was handed to them across the table with no effort to maximize our return. That would be an exaggeration for effect by trying to paint something in the extreme. I also recall hearing that the company had a plan B and it was the MEC's belief that plan B would not garner us the same or better improvements to our PWA, like the minimum mainline block hour ratios associated with the small jet scope, based on the information they had.

While one might have wanted more (or a lot more for that matter), it doesn't mean the negotiators surrendered. I'm of the opinion they got what they thought they could get. I've never had the impression that they would stop trying to get more if they thought there was a calculated chance of a successful outcome for the pilot group. I don't view them as some miscreants trying to do me harm. I view them as my fellow pilots, with the help of professionals, trying the best they can to get the most they can for all of us. That's just my opinion.

Unfortunately, stuff like this on this forum usually seems to go on and on and on and on and on.